Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Paradise found at Paragad


This was a simple one. A visit to Karjat in Maharashtra - a seat of several interesting and scenic treks in the Western Ghats. So I took, yet another weekend away, first to Mumbai (with all its usual 'khich khich' and 'mach mach')...


As soon as we left the city and headed further, the scene started to change.. here's a few pictures of the the drive...


We stayed at Sparsh resort by the Expat Group that has made quite a name for themselves in the business of building holiday homes in Maharashtra. On the flight to Mumbai, I had read about the poor rainfall and how the farmers were affected by it and was more than happy than to have arrived as a guest to the state just when it had started raining, quite heavily.


After enjoying the afternoon thunderstorm, I headed out to a neighbouring village. The warm people were clearly not acustomed to shameless writers like me, probing in their kitchen and watching them as the ladies went about evening prayers. A few snapshots of the pretty village...


The next day was a showaround in the property and I loved every bit of it...


The next part was the miracle... so you're requested to wait for it.

P.S. - Sorry for not formatting my images well for this post, really rushed but I wanted to keep you in the loop. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment