Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The remains of Lal Kot


My travels have taken a back seat since I suffered a heatstroke two weeks ago. I am awfully short of breath all the time but thankfully, well on the way to recovery. Unable to leave town just yet, I sneaked away with bunch of friends to explore Mehrauli Archaeological Park in the city. The area was refereed to as Lal Kot in that time and had started out as one of the primary settlements if Delhi as we know today.

The image here is of Quli Khan's tomb, next to the boathouse on the premises.


I have never been a great photographer which explains my great joy at finding a good frame, even if someone already has before. This frame is one of my favourites for the Qutb Minar.


A beautiful corridor along the Rajjo ki baoli also caught my attention, it reminded me of the time I had visited the original Meena Bazaar in Fatehpur Sikri.


The impressive stairwell, Rajjo ki baoli, makes for an incredible picture as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment